Monday, January 12, 2009

Week Two - Day One

I'm taking the one day at a time approach to this process. As such, as of today the scale read 258.5. This weekend I made some tough choices and overall I'm proud of most of them.

Today I tried to force myself to eat oatmeal for breakfast, but I've just confirmed that I don't like oatmeal. At all, really. I tried. I'm going to have to find another breakfast that is not egg or meat based...cereal? I don't know. A smoothie? I guess that's an option. Maybe slimfast? Ugh.

I'm almost looking forward to getting to the gym tonight. I'm still a little p.o.'d at myself for not going on Friday, but my knee was hurting and I was tired and I put in three days last week. This week my goal is to put in at least four days. The week after that is the MN trip so I should probably go on Sunday.

Overall, I don't think my plan is that difficult, it's just a matter of being prepared. No, the weight isn't sliding off, but I haven't altered my life so drastically to think that it would. I need to go slow and steady, and if/when a plateau comes along, I can then pull out of one of those trump cards and amp things up again.

Two pounds the first week? I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment