Friday, January 2, 2009

ramping up

I've got to admit, I've been pretty slothful since I got back from Las Vegas (which was 12/1). Prior to the trip, I'd been good about eating right and going to the gym. I lost around 7 lbs, all of which I've gained back along with an extra pound or two for good measure. I can feel how mushy my body has become, full of sugar and junk and fat. I'm sloshy and winded and I haven't been sleeping well. When I was working out I'd fall asleep within a few minutes of hitting the pillow and I would pretty much sleep through the night. That hasn't happened since I got back from LV.

So there are four significant areas I need to work on in the 41 weeks leading up to my 35th birthday (10/20 for any interested parties):

1. eating/exercise/physical health

2. money management

3. creative output

4. lifestyle (less clutter, more gratitude, etc)

I realize these are nebulous goals, but they are really about changing my way of life. I am going to work on what I can change and let go of what I can't. But I've so often been on the verge, the precipice, of becoming, and I'm ready to have that happen. And I'm ready to forgive myself for my past failures, mistakes, crimes, and sins. I'm ready to move forward and just move, really. I'm ready to be self-actualized. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment