Monday, January 5, 2009

Week One - Day One

I guess it's official - today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Let's get this over with: 260.5 lbs.

Normally I'd be crying but two years ago I was ten pounds heavier, so it's really not so bad. I have kept off ten pounds for two years. Now I just need to lose 80 by August.

J's dad turns 60 in August, and we're supposed to go out east to celebrate. I've never met him, and he's apparently a fatty-hater, and not shy about it. I know J loves me just as I am, but I also know life will be a lot easier for him on the trip if I'm a lot thinner. And my life will be easier, too. So I want to lose about 12 lbs a month. That's very doable, right? I think so.

On the finance front, I've been paying bills and staying mostly within my guidelines. I haven't been very organized or efficient, but I haven't started in on my major housecleaning yet. Today is the first day, after all.

I didn't sleep well last night and I'm pretty tired today - I just want to lay around at home and read, relax, watch some TV. I'm thinking my reward for the first 20 lbs will be a day off to do just that.

This is all pretty nebulous right now and I'm really scared. But excited, too. I want to make these changes, I AM making these changes. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment