Wednesday, January 7, 2009

L-A-Z-Y

Am I fat because I'm lazy, or am I lazy because I'm fat? Chicken and the egg, right?

My home is pretty cluttered right now, at least my "areas." Let's be honest - my lovely walk-in closet is a freakin' disaster. Every time I think about cleaning and organizing it, I get tired. It wears me out. I have so much stuff, and no real thoughts on how to organize and maintain everything in an intelligent manner.

When I was a kid thinking about running made me anxious - I knew I'd never be able to complete the gym-class laps. And last night, whilst doing yoga, I gave up because an exercise hurt. No surprise there.

I am an efficient person. I believe in taking the most intelligent and least painful route. I like shortcuts. Sadly, there's no shortcut to fitness and good health. There's no shortcut to an organized closet. I am going to have to take everything out, purge the junk, and THEN go in and organize. It's not going to happen overnight. I like to visualize things getting done and I think I've done so much visualization with my weight and my home and other issues that I actually think some of these goals have been reached. In other words, I'm lazy and I'm fooling myself so I can stay lazy.

I need to stike lazy out of my life. Maybe have one lazy day a week - Sundays. The rest of the time I need to set bold goals and reach them, or at least take significant steps to reach them.

Now to get off my ass and do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment