Monday, January 5, 2009

Week One - Creativity

So, I have an opportunity. And a deadline. I've been creating some TV pitches for awhile now, and working with some partners to get them an audience. The goal is to sell the ideas to a production company or a network so they can then turn them into shows. I don't want to follow the show and write for it - I just want to get paid for my idea.

One of my partners is connected to a fairly well-known and respected Hollywood TV and film actor, and he's got a development company and is currently looking for a show to star in. When the contact was in town a few weeks ago, I ran an idea past him and he thought I should write a part for the star.

Now I know the star will be looking at ideas next week.

I need to get into motion. I need to get this pitch perfected and sent off - I want to SELL this idea. I want to change my life and work using my brain. I want fulfillment and joy through my work.

So. Normally I'd do something half-assed and phone it in. Not this time. This time I need to grab the reins and really make an impact.

This time I'm going to go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment