Thursday, February 12, 2009

Month Two - Week Two - Day Four

Sound the trumpets - I'm down another half pound! I know this weighing in shit is getting a tad obsessive, but I'm trying to figure out what works and what doesn't.
No workout today as I'm dealing with my car's oil change and whatnot. It's probably good to take a day off - I upped my speed on the treadmill a bit (won't even post it because it's so laughably slow to the average consumer) and I went for a full 40 minutes. I am getting closer to a decent walk time and I'm thrilled. I have to keep pushing, continue to bust out of the comfort zone.

You know, I've been so desensized by the diet-mania of our culture that I have no idea what a healthy amount of daily carbs looks like. My fitday.com calorie counter shows me the number of carbs I'm ingesting and I think they're through the roof, but I don't know if that's true or not. I know if I bump them down a bit I will lose more, but this isn't the time for that. Yet.

Financially, I've been doing some good things. My Walgreen's visit today resulted in a $4.18 total, saving me over $24. And I bought good stuff, like Bounty paper towels and Nivea and Progresso soup. Nothing off-brand or weird. I also scored a $25 gift card for transferring a prescription - I plan to use the money toward detergent and other "higher ticket" items.

Creatively, I've not done much lately, but that (like everything else!) is about to change. Our contact in LA has a deal with a major network, so I need to get rolling on my awesome ideas. I think something can come of this.

I've got to make a valentine's card for J tomorrow, something sweet. Also have to get back to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment